The Regional Growth Fund has been established to unlock new economic activity in our regions, to deliver critical economic infrastructure to create direct benefit across regional industries and to strengthen regional communities.
Through the Regional Growth Fund, the State Government is committing $150 million over 10 years to support regional South Australia as part of the Recharging Our Regions policy.
This year $15 million has been allocated for the Regional Growth Fund.
The 2020-21 Fund will support:
- Up to $5 million for the Regional Growth Fund Competitive Grants – applications now open.
- $10 million for the Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development to commit to strategic regional growth projects – application open year-round.
Applicants can seek grants from $50,000 up to
Projects will be assessed on their ability to:
- drive new economic activity to produce outcomes that would not occur otherwise
- demonstrate transformational change for an industry or sector
- create new or additional sustained economic benefits for the community/region beyond the applicant
- connect to a specific regional community
- ensure that further intervention by government is not required to sustain the project or its benefits after the funding is provided
Local government bodies and Incorporated Associations are encouraged to apply. Business clusters, defined by a lead business that applies and accepts responsibility for contractual obligations on behalf of a group of businesses, are encouraged to apply.
Applications for the Competitive Grants round are now open and will close at 12pm on Monday, 11th of May.
RDA can support your application through:
- Providing advice in regards to your projects eligibility
- Introductions to consultants specialising in this grant
- Reviewing draft applications
- Providing a letter of support