The State Government is committed to enabling a business environment that encourages the growth of businesses in the areas affected by the recent bushfires.
As part of its strategy for the recovery and rebuilding of local economies, State Government procurement activity related to the Adelaide Hills, Kangaroo Island, and Yorke Peninsula will priorities local businesses and employment.
- All procurements will consider opportunities for small businesses in the defined regions to provide a quote or tender.
- Significant procurements (from $220,000 incl GST) in the defined region will require a Tailored Industry Participation Plan.
- Head contractors or suppliers must indicate how they intent to engage local residents of the region, use local suppliers in region, the capital investment to be made in the region and what skills and knowledge transfer will be provided to local residents involved in the contract.
- For service or supply only contracts, the Tailored Industry Participation Plan would not include capital investment.
- These requirements will be monitored by the Industry Advocate.
To support the success of this initiative, the State Government will be giving local suppliers every opportunity to understand the type, scale and scope of the upcoming procurement opportunities.
On behalf of all government agencies and authorities, the Industry Advocate will be sharing forward procurement plans with businesses interested in the work.
The Industry Advocate will also run a series of events, including Meet the Buyer and Supply to Gov workshops, to support local businesses.