Expressions of interest are now open to be part of Tasting South Australia, Auckland, New Zealand.
The South Australian Department for Trade and Investment (DTI) is inviting South Australian wine, food and beverage exporters to participate in the Tasting South Australia event in Auckland New Zealand, with the option to join Winetopia 2022. Both events are delivered in partnership with Austrade New Zealand and Lemongrass Productions.
Participating in Tasting South Australia and Winetopia 2022 is an opportunity for existing and new-to-market producers to showcase products to targeted New Zealand specialist wine retailers, food and beverage retailers, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer, and on-trade to consumers who are quality conscious, health and environmentally aware.
New Zealand is the 4th largest South Australian wine market by GI content up 23% (MAT 30 June 2022). New Zealand is also South Australia’s 3rd largest wine export market by volume and 7th by value. Wine exports have grown by 2% by volume and 5% by value each year from 2015-2020. 60% is sold through supermarkets.
The South Australia Food and Beverage Five Year Export Strategy ranks New Zealand as scoring the second highest market potential and market attractiveness for South Australian food and beverages globally. The strategy has identified opportunity for the following categories: bakery and cereals; spirits; oils and fats; confectionery; fish and seafood; prepared meals; savoury and deli; sauce and dressings; syrups and spreads.
South Australian producers interested in participating in these events in New Zealand are invited to register their interest via the links below.
|26 Oct 2022||Market Familiarisation|
Tour of retail and on-trade outlets.
|TBC||On and off-trade premises|
|27 Oct 2022||Tasting South Australia|
1. Hosted lunch for trade and media
2. Trade Expo
3. Informal evening event
|Event costs to be funded by DTI.||Retailers, specialist and supermarket, |
importers, distributors, on-trade buyers e-commerce platforms, lifestyle and food and beverage media.
|28-29 Oct 2022||Optional participation |
on a user-pay basis.
|Consumers and trade.|
- Market familiarisation through a tour of Auckland’s retail and on-trade outlets.
- Participate in a Tasting South Australia trade and media event supported by the Department for Trade and Investment.
- Meet targeted retailers, specialist and supermarket, importers, distributors, on-trade buyers, media, engaged consumers and trade.
- Test new-to-market products or increase brand exposure of existing products in NZ.
- Following the event, Austrade New Zealand will facilitate further discussions with importer/buyers who have expressed interest in meeting companies.
- Optional participation at Winetopia (on a user-pay basis) will provide an opportunity to meet over 4000 consumers and trade, providing samples and for direct-to-consumer sales.
Tasting South Australia participation costs include but not limited to:
- Flights, accommodation, transfers, transport, meals, product samples, freight and clearance costs, storage costs, travel insurance.
Additional participation costs if attending Winetopia:
- Stand pricing Winetopia NZD$2,495 + GST.
- Special liquor license NZ$180 + GST (for companies that wish to sell alcohol direct to public at Winetopia).
- Product samples (token payment/charging rebate details in the FAQ).
- Other costs based on your needs at Winetopia, please refer to the FAQ.
- For more information on Winetopia 2022, please read the Overview and the FAQ.
- Please read over the Eligibility & Selection Criteria before registering your EOI.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE: Monday, 15 August 2022 – 12:00pm
Selected applicants will be notified by DTI on Monday 22 August 2022.
On confirmation by DTI, selected applicants must complete an online registration direct with Winetopia no later than Thursday 1 September 2022.
For further information, please contact:
Market Development Adviser
Department or Trade and Investment