Our regions are essential to South Australia’s economy, with the closure of borders as a result of COVID-19, a number of industries who rely on seasonal workers are facing serious workforce shortages. This is an excellent opportunity for people in metropolitan and regional SA who are currently looking for work.
Many people are unable to cover costs relating to relocating to a regional area for temporary or ongoing work. The State Government has established the Regional Jobs Support and Incentive Program that will support eligible people, with costs associated with eligible work in eligible locations.
- Be an individual aged 16 years and over
- Have commenced eligible work in an eligible location no earlier than 15th June 2021
- Hold a valid visa, with work rights and a visa validity date for the duration of the work period (if international workers)
- Travel more than 50 kms from their current place of residence to undertake eligible work
- Show evidence of responsibility for accommodation expenses if in a Category B zone
Eligible work includes:
- A minimum of 20 hours per week (can be with multiple employers)
- Working for at least a 6-week duration with work commencing no earlier than 15th June 2021 and up to 31 December 2021
- In an eligible location
- Not eligible work under the Australian Government’s Managing Relocation Assistance to Take up a Job for Short-term Agricultural Work.
Eligible locations within South Australia by category are shown by postcode on the table below.
|Category A||Category B|
|5116 – 5118||0872|
|5120 – 5121||5210 – 5214|
|5131 – 5157||5220 – 5223|
|5171 – 5204||5235 – 5238|
|5231 – 5234||5253 – 5734|
|5240 – 5252|
- $500 (excluding GST) when working within a Category A business
- $2,000 (excluding GST) when working within a Category B business
- Up to $200 (excluding GST) toward the cost of undertaking eligible training
Applicants may only apply for one Eligible Work grant.
Applicants may apply for a grant for Eligible Training in addition to a grant for Eligible Work.
Applications for people under 18 years of age must be completed by a parent/guardian.
Applications must be received by the Department by 5:00pm, 31st of December 2021.