HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Learn how to:
• Assess the casualty and recognise the need for First Aid response
• Respond to an emergency situation
• Apply appropriate First Aid procedures
• Perform CPR procedures
• Communicate details of the incident
• Evaluate the incident and own performance
This unit of competency applies to all people who may be required to preserve life
and provide First Aid.
Occupations necessitating this competency include workers in Police, Correctional
Services, Teaching, Education Support, Early Childhood and Community Services.
This unit of competency is to be updated every three (3) years.
The course is classroom based, however, some reading and questionnaire work will require completion prior to the event.
Kangaroo Island Business Hub