Governance Training for Community Groups is 3 of 3 free online workshops to assist groups to grow their skills base and chances of success.
Governance is the system that ensures checks and balances are in place for leaders of not for profit organisations, which helps them to steer the organisation. That sounds simple yet volunteer non-profit and charitable committees must wade through the complex legal and regulatory environment in which they operate.
Our governance training will help community groups understand about leadership and good governance. It will enable them to appreciate how important it is to have structures in place that leads to a positive committee member experience, proper management of conflicts of interest and risk, understanding and planning of financial controls and an organisation that thrives even through adversity. Their members, funders and donors will gain confidence when good governance and transparency are in place and as an outcome greater value of services being provided for the community. Topics include:
- Assessing if good governance is in place
- Understanding the Committee’s role in planning
- Oversighting and monitoring the finances
- Managing organisational risk
- Identifying the entities legal structure and the implications for this
- Outlining the roles and responsibilities of the committee and determining any conflicts of interest
This is a free online training workshop!
For an optimum learning experience, limited places are available.
Contact Skye to register: email@example.com