The Regional Growth Fund has been established to:
- unlock new economic activity in our regions
- deliver critical economic infrastructure to create direct benefit across regional industries
- strengthen regional communities.
Through the Regional Growth Fund, the State Government is committing $150 million over 10 years to support regional South Australia as part of the Recharging Our Regions policy.
This year $15 million has been allocated for the Regional Growth Fund.
The 2019-20 Fund will support:
- Up to $5 million for the Regional Growth Fund Competitive Grants – now open for applications.
- $10 million for the Minister for Primary Industries and Regional Development to commit to strategic regional growth projects – open year-round for applications.
Applicants can seek grants from $50,000 up to $2 million.
Projects will be assessed on their ability to:
- drive new economic activity to produce outcomes that would not occur otherwise
- demonstrate transformational change for an industry or sector, rather than incremental improvement
- create new or additional sustained economic benefits for the community/region beyond the applicant
- connect to a specific regional community
- ensure that further intervention by government after the funding is provided, is not required to sustain the project or its benefits.
Applications for the competitive round close Friday 9 August 2019