In July 2016 Adelaide, South Australia joined the prestigious group of Great Wine Capitals – an internationally celebrated network.
The global network includes the 9 internationally renowned wine regions of San Francisco/Napa Valley (US), Bordeaux (France), Bilbao/Rioja (Spain), Lausanne (Switzerland), Mainz/Rheinhessen (Germany), Mendoza (Argentina), Porto (Portugal), Valparaìso/Casablanca Valley (Chile), and Verona (Italy). Adelaide, South Australia makes the tenth.
The Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Awards celebrate innovation and excellence in wine tourism in the regions of the ten great wine capitals. The winners of this local awards program can then go into the running to win an International Best of Wine Tourism Award, giving them global exposure.
2020 FINALISTS IN OUR REGION:
- Accommodation – Beresford House (McLaren Vale); Woodstock Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Architecture & Landscape – Kimbolton (Langhorne Creek); Chapel Hill (McLaren Vale)
- Art & Culture – Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale); Bird in Hand (Adelaide Hills)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience – d’Arenberg (McLaren Vale); Shaw + Smith (Adelaide Hills)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Gemtree Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants – Maxwell Wines (McLaren Vale)
We wish all the finalists the best of luck. Awards will be presented on 20 September 2019. For more information please contact email@example.com
Visit the website for the full list of finalists