Entries now open!
The National Awards for Local Government (NALG) are an annual celebration of the best of Australian local government achievements.
The Awards highlight innovation and resourceful solutions implemented by local governments to make a difference to their local communities.
Local governments are encouraged to enter as many eligible project submissions as they wish, noting that projects must meet the requirements of the category guidelines.
NALG entries can be about projects of any size that are delivering positive community outcomes, or are expected to do so once the project is complete.
To apply, select the category which best reflects your project and follow the application guidelines on the website via the link below.
The categories of 2020 National Awards for Local Government are:
- The Minister Coulton Award for Progressive Community Leadership
- Arts Animates – creating vibrant and cohesive communities through the Arts
- Boosting Productivity through Infrastructure
- Contributing to Regional Growth
- Disability Access and Inclusion
- Excellence in Road Safety
- Multicultural Australia – Cohesive Communities
- Addressing Violence Against Women and their Children
- Promoting Indigenous Recognition
- The Susan Grace Benny Award – Women in Local Government
Applications close midnight, Friday 7th February 2020