- About Us
- Contact Us
- Our Region
- Business Services
- Employment & Training
- Events Calendar
- NBN Digital Enterprise Program
- Special Projects
- Useful Links
- Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism
- RDA - Hosts & TOMM business & communications
- KI Council - Kangaroo Island Council
- SATC - South Australian Tourism Commission
- TKI - Tourism Kangaroo Island
- KI NRM - Kangaroo Island Natural Resouce Management
- DENR - Department of Environment & Natural Resources
Kangaroo Island Tourism Optimisation Management Model (KI TOMM)
- TOMM is a community based sustainable tourism management model responsible for monitoring the long term health of the tourism industry and of Kangaroo Island.
- Visitor Exit Surveys were established in 1996 and done annually. Resident Surveys were established in 2000 and were annually, now bi annually.
- TOMM is aimed at monitoring and communicating the overall quantity of visitors and quality of goods and services the visitors experience, which are passed on to community industry and management agencies, to ensure appropriate management actions are taken.
- Looking at the Vision, Mission and Values of Kangaroo Island.
Vision of TOMM:
To be a centre of excellence, an inspirational leader in destination management, and a system aimed toward sound decision making.
- Continuous Improvement Commitment
The TOMM Monotoring Program - Monitors
- Health of the environment
- Number and type of visitors to KI
- Health of KI community
- Health of the Economy
- Type and satisfaction of experiences and travel behaviour of the visitors
- Impact of tourism on KI
- Reasons for visits to KI
Other objectives include -
- Expectations and important factors influencing the decision to visit KI
- Accommodation usage and preferences
- Valued aspects and overall satisfaction
- Impact of KI experience (recommendations and repeat visits)
- Booking activity
- Trip expenditure
- Food wine and art awareness
- Trip demographics
The KI TOMM website is currently being updated. We apologise for any inconvenience.
In the meantime, please see below for the latest TOMM reports.
You can also contact Cathie Tydeman on Mob: 0400 333 107
Please find attached the Strategic Plan and Visitor Exit survey reports.
If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to contact us